[ltp] linux web publishing tool ??

Kim Hardy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:07:53 +0100

>The best reference there is if you do cutting edge web stuff is
definitely
>www.zvon.org though. As for Kwrite, it kicks. Actually I use 'kate"
which is
>just the multi-document version of kwrite. It blows away any of the
>traditional Unix editors. (I know I am a heathen because I refuse to be

>brainwashed into believing VI/VIM is anything but a flaming piece of
kaka,
>and just to offend the rest of that crowd EMACS is a bloated pig ;o)).

Autsch! Vi/VIM is ok but when you're working on a shell it can get a bit
sluggish.
I prefer nano these days. I don't use KDE as its inherently bloatware!
Fluxbox or OpenBox do the job nicely and xediting is always done in a
transparent aterm layed over a nice tasteful background picture in nano.
:)

I agree entirely oon EMACS. Altho I do use it on my Amiga 1200 since its
practically an OS in itself. Hehe.

Kim.