[ltp] In search of the perfect laptop combination

Steve Krulewitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:34:34 -0400

He could run Yellow Dog Linux on it:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

Although I agree, you do pay a premium price for the (albeit sexy) hardware.
I'd hold out until they announce G5 PowerBooks though.

Jim, why not go for a Thinkpad T40p?  It does not have firewire, but the new
iPod do USB2.  I have a iPod and I use a $25 firewire pccard without a
problem, although the custom cable needed for the firewire card does not
jive with the custom cable of the new iPods (thankfully I have a PocketDock
on order from http://www.sendstation.com/).

Plus, I would imagine IBM would eventually release a dvd burner that would
fit inside.

cheers,
-steve