[ltp] kernel 2.6.0-test1

Fekete Gabor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:37:00 +0200 (DFT)

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Fekete Gabor wrote:

> hi
>
> has anyone experience with this kernel. i'm interested mainly
> in tp600e problems, success stories, but i welcome any other.
> last time i tried 2.5.70 but the soundcard and the network pcmcia card
> didn't work then. is it possible to use a pcmcia netcard without the
> pcmcia-cs package in 2.6.0-test1 ?
>
> thanks in advance!

me again.
so i tried 2.6.0-test1 but the simpthoms are the same.
alsa cannot find any cards (i tried pci cs46xx after cs4232), and the
pcmcia eth card doesnt work.
well maybe i screwed up something. i try to use the builtin pcmcia stuffs
without pcmcia-cs. i'm afraid that if i recompile pcmcia-cs with the new
kernel i would ruin my working config for 2.4.21.
by the way, when i boot with 2.6.0-test1 it messes up something in the
computer settings, because when i reboot back from it to 2.4.21 my sound
card doesn't work (it fails when trying to set the mixer at boot
time). so all the time after 2.6.0 i have to remove the cmos battery to
make it forget. ??????