[ltp] new hard drive for a thinkpad 770z

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:03:20 -0500

Mark Alexander Wotton wrote:
> I've just bought a thinkpad 770z minus a hard drive off ebay, thinking
> that I could use the drive from my current laptop, a Fujitsu 20gb. On
> disassembling the 770z, however, I couldn't find anywhere to plug in a
> standard laptop drive. Do I need some kind of hard-drive adaptor, or are
> Thinkpad hard drives simply different?
>
> Apologies for the total absence of anything linux-related: if it helps, I
> do intend to run Linux on it.

I have a 770Z, it's a great machine. Heavy though. The hard drive sits in an
aluminum tub that plugs in one of the compartments underneath.
--
  After Armageddon, there will be only three things left: Kudzu vines creeping
  over the ruins, Cockroaches feasting on the blackened ashes, and somewhere