[ltp] T30 Multihead display?

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:44:15 +0530 (IST)

Some time back there was a discussion about using Xinerama extensions
under XFree86 on the T30. From what I understood, it is possible to
address the internal display and the external display port (connected to a
monitor or projector) independently.

I have been trying to figure this out, but that wall I keep running into
appears to be made of stronger stuff than my forehead :-(

My actual intention is to be able to plug a projector into teh external
display port and then show slides or other applications, while seeing
something else on my LCD display.

I understand that this is possible if you run two X servers, one pointing
at the local LCD, one at teh external port, but the ATI Radeon 7500 in
this machine seems to have a single PCI ID, so am unsure how to proceed.

So - can someone point me at a resource that tells me whether this can be
done at all, and if so, how?

TIA!

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@exocore.com