[ltp] External Video on T30

Diego Zamboni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
02 Jun 2003 15:35:37 +0200

> Is there an Easy wy for me to switch between my current configuration and a
> configuration where I am using my LCD (laptop) Display only.
>
> I know I can switch the XF86Config files back and forth, but something from
> within X, once it was started would be ideal.

I imagine there must be a way to configure two X servers, one with
Xinerama and one without, and switch between them with Ctrl-Alt-F7 and
Ctrl-Alt-F8. The last time I tried, though, I couldn't get it to work.

What I currently do is I have Xinerama enabled all the time. When I
undock my laptop, the right half of my screens is not visible, but I can
move windows using my desktop pager (I'm using KDE) to bring them to the
visible half.

It'd be nice to have a page that can be instructed to switch between
double-wide screens (for Xinerama) and a double number of single screens
(so my 8 double-wide screens become 16 single-wide screens, and I can
access them individually).

--Diego