[ltp] tp600e cs4232

Fekete Gabor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:10:34 +0200 (DFT)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Gregory POPOVICH wrote:

> > hmmm. after truning off, plugging off, getting 173, 163 error
> > messages a
> > few times, it works again.
> > strange.
> > could a bad battery couse something like this?
> >

> SOunds like the CMOS battery is dead. 173/163 errors are date and time
> errors. Since the CMOS battery died you lost all your CMOS settings (
> the sound card settings are saved in CMOS memory).

great :( can i get a new battery from somewhere? i mean does this machine
have a special "notebook battery" or can i put a normal PC battery in
it?
i have not really looked inside it yet and this is my first notebook ever
(or laptop?). i bought it used and it's 3 years old. i have been using it
for half a year.