[ltp] Latest T30 BIOS & ACPI

Peter Johanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:08:24 -0400

i just upgraded the BIOS and embedded controller on my T30 to the latest
released from the IBM website. before this, i'd been using the small
patch to ACPI to use your own custom ECDT table. After the BIOS
upgraded, the verify_table little program now declares the BIOS is fine,
and lo and behold 2.5.7-mm6 now detects the ACPI stuff!

BUT, i'm having a very wierd problem with my keyboard after closing and
re-opening the lid. Alt + F# still works to switch between terminals,
but all other keyboard response seems dead.

i'm gonna try LKML, but first i wanted to see if others had had any
experiences with this latest BIOS. specifically does 2.4.x plus the ACPI
patches work for people with this BIOS version? anybody have similar
problems?

-pete
--
Peter Johanson