[ltp] Re: R40 apm probs

Georg Sauthoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:04:20 +0200

On Monday 09 June 2003 11:35, Rolf Offermanns wrote:
> Georg,

Hi,

> try removing the i810_audio driver before apm operations.

> If that does not help try to remove all drivers possible and keep inserting
> them back until you found the one thats keeping apm from working correctly.

I will try that, but the funny thing is, that the APM suspend is working
without any problem.

> As to the acpi problems, read this:
> http://www.poupinou.org/acpi/ibm_ecdt.html
>
> There is a new bios available (1.03 I think) which has "fixes linux acpi
> problem" in its changelog.

Thanks a lot for the usefull link - I didn't know it. You are right, the
newest Bios for my model (1.09) have a changelog entry about fixing ECDT
Table.
And this thinks the pmtool, too - so it prints a message out, that the ECDT
Table is ok. So perhaps the table right, and somethings else in the Bios or
the ACPI-Patch is wrong.

Regards
Georg Sauthoff