[ltp] M$ tax of $148

Bob Toxen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:54:33 -0400

> Subject: Re: [ltp] can IBM sell ThinkPad with no OS on?
> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Cc: "linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org" <linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org>
> From: Pam Huntley <phuntley@us.ibm.com>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:08:29 -0400

> In other geographies, the DOS skew is more widely available, for instance
> in China you can get it from the website:
> http://www-8.ibm.com/products/cn/Brand.wss?series=pc_s&nextpage=seriesmodels
> Of course the only thing I can read on that page is "IBM PC DOS"  :-)

> Looks like it's also available in Italy:
> http://www5.pc.ibm.com/it/products.nsf/Current+Products?OpenAgent&brand=THINKCENTRE&series=THINKCENTRE+M+SERIES

The difference between one hampered by Windows and one without was
167 Euros.  With a Euro being about one US dollar, this is a tax
of USD 167.  Yuck!

> So maybe that will help you if you live in china  :-)

> Pam

Bob Toxen
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
http://www.verysecurelinux.com       [Network & Linux/Unix Security Consulting]

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, (C) 2003, 848 pages, ISBN: 0130464562