[ltp] R40 APM Standby and Power-Off not working

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:42:39 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 10:19:46AM +0200, Frederic Gaus wrote:
> I don't know if you have allready fixed your problem. But I had the same
> problem on my R40 and disabling the following option in "Processor type
> and futures" fixed it.
>
>  [ ] Local APIC support on uniprocessors

Moreover, apm support has to be compiled as part of the kernel, and not
as a module, because, on RedHat at least, the termination of apmd during
the shutdown scripts also silently removes the apm.o module. In this case,
the final power off instructions have no effect.

--
fabrice