[ltp] Combine 2 partitions?

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:42:10 -0300

Good day!

I have another question... Not Thinkpad specific, but my problem is on it...

When I first built it I gave is a 300Mb DOS parition and the remainder was
Linux... (1.2Gb drive)

I have been trying to install/compile Wine on it... the Instructions says it
will take approx 250Mb to build on and then 50 Mb to install (and 18Mb in
/tmp)

I have 350Mb free on my / and 300 on my DOS Partition (I redid DOS to make
it EXT2 and formatted it...

Building Wine on either partition fails due to lack of space... is there a
way (without rebuilding) to combine these 2 partitions together so I can
build Wine?

Or possibly copt all parts of say /usr to /dev/hda1 (Previously DOS) and put
that in my fstab?
(That way, my primary partition woud have more free space?...)  I don't know
what will work or what will kill my box =(

I'd like to keep it up and running though...

Adam