[ltp] Combine 2 partitions?

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
17 Jun 2003 14:08:02 -0400

I don't think that there's anything that will non-destructively merge
two data-containing partitions, HOWEVER there's plenty of stuff to take
an "empty" partition and merge it into a pre-existing partition (often
by moving data around if there's something else physically between the
two partitions on disk).  In your case, it sounds like your recently
converted DOS->EXT2 partition is functionally empty (i.e. you don't care
about what's on it), so this may fit the bill.

I've had a lot of success with PartitionMagic, a commercial product
which happens to also work nicely for NTFS.  GNU parted is free.  I
haven't tried it, but it looks quite fine for linux partitions.  Either
should help you out.

Regards,
Neil