[ltp] radeon framebuffer

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:42:15 -0400

Does anyone have experience with the radeon framebuffer?  I'm trying it
on my T40 (2373-92U) with a radeon 9000.  I'm using 2.4.21-ac1 which has
the right PCI ID's in it for this device.  It loads up fine, and runs
pretty well, but there is an annoying flicker every few seconds,
although the interval is irregular.  Any ideas why this happens?
Anyhting I can do?  I may just have to go back to using the vesa
framebuffer.  The VESA framebuffer works, but it is really slow, so I
wanted to investigate the radeon framebuffer.  I haven't messed much
with power management.  Are there any other problems with
suspend/resume, etc. with the radeon framebuffer others have noticed?

Thanks,
Joel