[ltp] VMware 4.0 - Sharing Filesystems

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:58:47 +1000

I am running vmware but having problems sharing files through the
built-in file-sharing protocol. The only way I've been able to do it is
to run samba on the same machine and map a network drive. With the built
in shared drive (which defaults to Z drive), I can see the files through
explorer in "read-only" mode. I cant use a console/dos window to get to
Z drive and `dir` the files...

Also have problems printing through the printer connected to the local
parallel port.

--
D. Sen,
http://www.auditorymodels.org/~dsen