[ltp] Forbes' Opinion of the SOC mess

Richard Jenniss linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:46:36 -0600

Biased, definately.

First off. If it is Linux itself, and they are right, woopteey doo.
GNU softare is untouched.
re-write the software and move on.

Secondly. Linus started the kernel Linux because he wanted a unix like kernel that WAS NOT UNIX.

I think people forgot, somewhere, how GNU and Linux all began.

SCO doesn't have a leg to stand on. I don't think, for a second, that Linus, RMS, Cox, and definately more...
Forget how Unix began, the Unix wars, and the legal fiasco that can arise from copied code, I.P., TM's, Patents... Otherwise they wouldn't of even bothered.

IBM has been around for over 100 years?
I believe more over, that IBM gets what it wants. Through two wars, booms, busts, depressions, the dotcom era...

Biased? If you play the odds, there's a chance that you'll loose sometime.
If SCO always won, I think theres a good chance they're going to have their odds adjusted.

There's far too many people involved, and who are looking at all of this, to let SCO win without a fight.

What ever happened to American Justice?