[ltp] R40 boot from USB stick

Rolf Offermanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:37:51 +0200

--==========608486650==========

I wonder, if anyone tried that?
I have an usbstick (USB 1.1) here, enabled the BIOS usb boot setting and tried various format options. Stick formatted as super floppy (i.e. without partitions) or as normal HD with one primary partition (which I made active).
For each try I used syslinux to make it bootable, but I have not succeeded so far. The stick got recognized by the bios but there was no USB option in the list of bootable devices which you get by pressing F12 during the IBM splash screen.

Any hints?
-Rolf