[ltp] X Dead on A21p after RH 9.0

Rob Bell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:37:00 -0500

Hi,

I had a nicely working RH 7.3 installation on a ThinkPad A21p that
included a happily functioning X environment.  After what appeared to be
a smooth upgrade to RH 9.0 I can no loger start X.  When I run 'startx'
I get several errors:

     (EE) Failed to load module "xie" (module does not exist, 0)
     (EE) Failed to load module "pex5" (module does not exist, 0)
     LG.PHILIPS LP150U1-A2
     Color, Single, TFT
     (EE) R128(0): Virtual height (0) is too small for the hardware (min
128)
     (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

The A21p uses the ATI Rage 128 Mobility graphics chip, with a 15"
1600x1200 screen.

I've tried numerous other XF86Config and XF86Config-4 files, both from
other working configurations I've had and from ones I downloaded.
Absolutely nothing starts up - every one has these same errors.  This
leads me to believe that there is another file damaged, missing, or
incorrectly configured, but I don't know enough about X to know what it is.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob