[ltp] XWindows +/- Keymap?

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:11:02 -0300

So in theory...
I type 'xmodmap -e "keycode 77 = Num_Lock"
then <SHIFT><NUM LOCK>
then <CTRL><ALT>[<+>/<->]
then all changes?

I tried and nothing happened =(   (I might be missing something...)

Adam

----Original Message Follows----
 > A Question...
 >
 > X-Windows (XFree86) Has a nice feature that allows you to change
resolution
 > from inside X like: CTRL+ALT+<KP_Plus> and CTRL+ALT+<KP_Subtract>
 >
 > My Thinkpad doesn't have a Numeric Keypad... All I have is the -/_ and
=/+
 > keys... Can I remap these to the Keypad + and -?
Executing
	xmodmap -e "keycode 77 = Num_Lock"
will offer you the numlock on Shift + Num-Lock-Key.
Then you'll get a normal Numlock and you can change your resolution as
normal with + / -