[ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30

Michael B. Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 04:12:47 -0500

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:02:26 -0500
"olusola omosebi" <heyodee@msn.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i own a thinkpad T30, model 236697U. I have just tried mandrake
> 9.1 on it, and everthing seems to work fine, except the internet
> connection. Besides the network works fine too. I just do not know how
> to go about this.

If you mean the modem, I have 236652U and the modem is a
"winmodem". Meaning it's not hardware controlled but rather special
software is required to drive it. I've never tried it myself but if you
dig hard you might come up with at least a binary only module.

This page might be useful:

  http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/t30.html

Basically the T30's work great except screen blanking needs a momemtary
suspend to recover, the middle mouse button doesn't work, and of
course the modem is a win-modem. Those are the only problems that I
have encounterd. Even the wireless recovers after suspend with the
HostAP drivers.

I love this machine. My desktop is getting dusty at this point.

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are