[ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30

Olu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:59:45 -0500

First of all, sorry about the mail I sent earlier. I usually run Linux
mandrake with vmware, and no doubt it works fine because I have RAM of
512. I cleaned out the windows OS and replaced it with the Linux
Mandrake 9.1 RC2. It detected the Intel wireless, with the Ethernet.
Installation was smooth to the very end. After all said and done, I
launched galleon, but unable to go online. I use DSL and it works fine,
but using smbclient to connect to other computer worked. I just
understand y the internet is not coming through.
Olu

PS
Thanks a lot guy for support.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org] On Behalf Of Gerard van
Winssen
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 6:52 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30

Op zondag 9 maart 2003 09:02, schreef olusola omosebi:
> <DIV>
> <P>hi,</P>
> <P>i own a thinkpad T30, model 236697U. I have just tried mandrake 9.1
on
> it, and everthing seems to work fine,&nbsp;except the internet
connection.
> Besides the network works fine too. I just do not know how to go about
SPAM
> with <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMXENUS/2728">the new MSN 8</a> and
get 2
> months FREE*</html>

Olusola,

First of all, do send your mail in plain text instead of HTML, as you
might
see above it ia hardly readable.

On the Mandrake mailinglists there where some threads about having no
internet
connection in  MDK9.1.
The solution could be to uninstall the "shorewall" firewall, and replace
it by
another one like "firestarter", wich is also on the cd's.
About next week the fnal release of Linux-Mandrake 9.1 will be anounced.
Maybe it's fixed then.
Otherwise, give us A better discription about your problem, error
messages,
what happens exactly. So that people on this list can help you.
Just A plain "no internet"could be anything like your internet provider
that
went bankrupt. ;-)
--
Gerard van Winssen