[ltp] TP600e 2645-4AU on RH8

Jon Lee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:02:12 -0500

Did  you recompile your kernel or use an alsa module?  I installed all
the kernel development tools and am still having problems compiling the
alsa driver.  I have tried under both Mandrake 9.1b and Redhat 8.  I
switched back to Redhat since I didn't feel like having to wrestle with
getting my PCMCIA  LAN card to work under Mandrake.

Also, there seems to be a derth of information about setting up the
sound in RH8...  I have been going through IBM's document for Installing
RH6.0 on a 2645-4AU.  Do you think it's a good idea to follow these
instructions for RH8?  Do you know of any other HowTo guides out there
that are clear, and concise?
http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html

the ItGrunt