[ltp] T30 - RH8: Docking station blows away my mouse wheel

Andreas Locatelli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:50:28 +0100 (CET)

looks like the usb port on your port replicator is busted.
on mine it works just fine.(as it does on the USB port on your laptop)

The wheel does not work when you connect it to the ps2 port of the docking
station because you are expecting a normal 3 button mouse there (e.g.
normally the built-in mouse) and not a 5/7 button intellimouse.

I am not sure how you configure two different mice on PS2.. maybe one with
the option "CorePointer" (the built-in one) and the other with the option
"SendCoreEvents"

cheers

--A