[ltp] MWavem Not Working after Intialize

Brandon Philips linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:17:12 -0800

I was having some problems with the modem connecting in Linux (works fine in
WinXP, was opening port OK and I could hear dial tone in Linux but not
connecting to ISP) so I used the BIOS intialize to clear out the settings.
Then I went to back into windows and used a PS2 IMODEM Enable command which
set the modem up for:
IRQ 10, 3
DMA 7
PORT 02f8
DSP 130

I then booted my custom 2.4.18 kernel with mwave compiled into the kernel
and it was complaining that the smapi_query calls were returning 0 for the
DMA (I think) and the IRQ... I thought that was strange so I went back into
windows and checked the settings, and everything looked ok.  But I still
couldn't get it to work in Linux... what am I doing wrong?

-Brandon Philips