[ltp] T23 going into suspend on its own

Christian Zoz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:31:24 +0100

On Thu, Mar 20, Andreas Locatelli wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Pam Huntley wrote:
> > >
> > >I still have the issue of my t23 going into suspend mode qhile I am
> > >working on it and while it is connected to AC power.
> >
> > Have you tried modifying the BIOS settings using setup (F1)?  On my T23 I
> > don't have this problem, but on my T30 it will screen blank automagically
> > which causes screen corruption.  Turning off the BIOS timer for screen
> > blanking in setup pretty much fixed this for me.
> >

> Yes , screen blanking is disabled from the Bios.
> AC mode is customized and only has a HD off timer set to 3 minutes, all
> other timers are disabled.
>
> I am sort of clueless here because I think I tried almost everything :(

Some more time ago i had such a problem with a T20. It was a BIOS
problem. When the machine went to hot, it did not start the fan
properly (or any other cooling method) and suspended instead. That
would perhaps match the fact that it only happenes if connected to AC
power. The default Speedstep setting for AC power is maximum.

A newer BIOS helped me.

BTW: That problem did only occur with some users that stressed the
system. There were no problems when you were just reading mails.

--

ciao, christian

    Verglichen mit jedem x-beliebigen Redmonder Betriebssystem-Clone
    ist Linux geradezu eine leuchtende Perle der Datensicherheit.
  ------ Frank Rennemann (http://www.linux-knowledge-portal.org) -----