[ltp] TP 600 RH8 console question

Thor Heglund linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:24:03 -0800

Howdy,

I'm running Redhat 8 on a thinkpad 600 (264545u) and am
wondering how to change the size of my console (virtual
terminal?) Right now it is 80x25, but it's in the middle of
the screen, I can hit the Fn-F8 key combo to expand the
screen but that isn't my ideal solution. I've done some
googling and found out how to change it if I'm using LILO
but I'm using GRUB and can't find any relevant information.
I've found a package called SVGATextMode but I'm not sure if
that is what I want either. I just want to be able to use
the whole screen while in a virtual terminal.

Thanks

Thor