[ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:08:13 -0500

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:09:20 +0530 (IST)
Atul Chitnis <achitnis@exocore.com> wrote:

> Yep, suspend-resume does have issues at times. Straight suspend/resume
> works most of the times, but hibernation is still flakey. I had similar
> issues initially on my 770, but they got resolved eventually. All I can
> say is "faith!" ;-)

How did they get resolved?  I have a t21 running a hand-compiled Debian
2.4.20 kernel.  I still haven't been able to reliably hibernate the
machine.  (the hd not responding problem).

> > With phoebe the redhat provided kernel crashes (=freezes) frequently.
>
> Yes, phoebe has serious issues, but it isn't the distro - it's the kernel.
> Just use regular phoebe3 with the -50 (or later)  kernel from rawhide, and
> it works fine (and performance shoots up because of native support for the
> 845 chipset). But frankly speaking, mjust hold your breath anotehr 4 days
> and then install RHL 9 instead.

What are the configs and patches for this kernel?

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,