[ltp] Ethnernet problem with new Thinkpad & Debian Woody

Mitch Maltenfort linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:54:16 -0500 (EST)

I have a nice new (arrived today) R32 with fast Ethernet and wireless.

I installed Debian Woody 3.0r1, purchased from Cheapbytes.

The install took an hour or so, not counting false starts.  It seems to
work, except I can NOT get it to pay attention to the cable modem.  I've
already tried rebooting both.  Is there something I need to do to get them
talking?

Can anyone recommend a solution -- or a different distro I should be
trying?  I currently use Mandrake, on the Toshiba I use to compose this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Known oxymorons: entertainment news, youth culture, focus group.
Probationary: intellectual courage, organized religion, deferred gratification.