[ltp] Display problems with suspend on Thinkpad 380xd

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:16:10 +0200

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 09:57:37 -0500, Dwaine Gonyier wrote:
> I managed to get debian 3.0r1 installed on a Thinkpad 380xd and
> recompiled a kernel with the Thinkpad modules so that I could use
> tpctl, etc. All of that seems to be working. I can make the laptop
> enter suspend, but whenever I try to wake it up, the laptop wakes up,
> and the LCD backlight turns on, but the LCD stays black. I can
> ping/telnet, etc. to the laptop, but I cannot get any of my consoles
> to display. I have to reboot if I actually want to see any consoles.
>
> What am I missing???

- What graphics hardware does your 380xd use?

- Are you using X during suspend?

- Do you use a framebuffer or text console?

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG