[ltp] Thinkpad model differences

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
13 May 2003 21:04:09 -0400

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 18:40, Tom Hoover wrote:

> I could use the money saved to buy a spare battery, and use your
> suggestion for the extra running time.  BTW- I'm assuming that
> hibernation works fine under Linux?

Mine hibernates just fine.  I have /dev/hda1 as FAT32 (with Windows 98
so I can use my Nogatech CaptureVision card to watch TV - they're out of
business and 98 is the latest driver I can get).  I made a hibernation
file on that partition.  Linux uses it just fine - to the point that,
having set the option in the bios, after a while on suspend, it goes on
to hibernate automatically.

Cheers,
Bret

--