[ltp] distributed.net decreases processor clock to lowest speed

Wed, 14 May 2003 12:34:03 +0200

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:15:36 +0200, PSI-Systems wrote:
> I've tried everything: an older distributed.net-version, in BIOS all
> settings to high, kernel 2.4.20 without patches, even acpi!
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo always shows 1800MHz, but if I start
> distributed.net the processor speed goes down to 1,2GHz after a
> certain period of time an also doesn't comes back to 1800MHz.
> /proc/cpuinfo always shows 1800MHz, but other programms like
> processor speed plugins for gkrellm shows then a clock from 1150 to
> 1250 MHz speed. Also the key rate of distributed.net goes down to
> nearly the half of the speed (what revealed the whole problem).
>
> Can anyone help me to prevent the clock speed going down after the
> distributed.net-client is startet?

Maybe the CPU gets to hot and slows down to prevent damage. All P4
processors have such a feature AFAIK.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG