[ltp] distributed.net decreases processor clock to lowest speed

PSI-Systems linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:15:36 +0200

I've tried everything: an older distributed.net-version, in BIOS all
settings to high, kernel 2.4.20 without patches, even acpi!

cat /proc/cpuinfo always shows 1800MHz, but if I start distributed.net the
processor speed goes down to 1,2GHz after a certain period of time an also
doesn't comes back to 1800MHz. /proc/cpuinfo always shows 1800MHz, but other
programms like processor speed plugins for gkrellm shows then a clock from
1150 to 1250 MHz speed. Also the key rate of distributed.net goes down to
nearly the half of the speed (what revealed the whole problem).

Can anyone help me to prevent the clock speed going down after the
distributed.net-client is startet?