[ltp] Contacting IBM with design feedback

Thu, 22 May 2003 02:37:53 +0100

Does anyone know how to give IBM design feedback on thinkpads? Where
should suggestions be emailed?

There's a lot of things I like about them, but there are also some thins
that could be better, and I'd like to point them out (so that perhaps
the next model might incorporate some changes...).

There's no way of doing this on the IBM website - there are plenty of
ways to *ask* IBM, but no ways to *tell* IBM :-)

For instance:

*The A-series is missing the fold-out feet. These were really useful on
the 770, and it would be good to have them back. At the moment, I have
to use a stand to raise the keyboard angle.

*I see that the new A-series has a different layout of mouse buttons. I
think that this is a bad thing, because it makes it very hard to use it
like a proper (3 button and scroll) mouse. At the moment, one can use
button 2 to emulate a wheel, and get middle click by pressing buttons 1
and 3 simultaneously. But the new design makes this impossible, since
buttons 1,3 are no longer adjacent, and cannot be clicked
simulataneously by one finger.

Richard