[ltp] Mandrake 9.1 on A22p - installation report

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 07:53:47 -0400

> Start->Configuration->Mandrake Control Center, it will prompt you for
> your root password.
=20
I apparently did not make myself clear. I do have that problem.
Thus I must apologize since I did not explain properly.

There is no Mandrake control center period.

This means Mandrake control center does not exist under "root" nor under
any user which means that Mandrake Control Center does not exist under KD=
E.
It just doesn't exist period.
The significance of this is there is no way to obtain, substract, or upda=
te
programs plus no way to configure any portion of the computer from a GUI.
Command line is all there is which of course is way above newbie level.