[ltp] R32 just poweroffs on long compiles

PSI-Systems linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:11:22 +0200

> Hi, my Thinkpad does so too, while running WinXP. I have not noticed it
> first, as windows xp doesnt show. I installed the Intel SpeedStep tool
> that checks the processor direct... (you must restart it to get an
> updated view...)
>
> It seems to be a bios function as the cooling is not sufficient for a
> 2ghz cpu. I think it is hard to understand, that ibm doesn't publish
> anything about it. Even the technical support (haha) doesn't know:(
Huh!
I thought it's only a linux issue because of my A31 doesn't clocks down
while running WinXP and the Support only said that they dont support linux
so they don't care about it.

It seems the situation has changed when you say it's also under WinXP.

So please blame IBM to fix their BIOSes!