[ltp] T30 USB on Dock II

Ryland Bingham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
27 May 2003 16:28:25 -0400

Anybody have success using the the USB ports on the Dock II  under
linux?  I'm working with a T30 with RH 8.0. I've tried both the RH stock
2.4.18-14 kernel and a kernel.org 2.4.20. I'm able to use an adaptec
SCSI PCI card, the DVD-CDR in the ultrabay, the network card, and the
external VGA when using the Dock II.  When I plug-in a USB device
nothing happens. I don't see anything in the /var/log/messages
indicating that linux is aware of the ports.  When I plug the same
device directly into the laptop, it is detected and works fine.  I've
used the Dock I, without any problems.  It seems there's a built in USB
hub on the new Dock that linux doesn't like.

Thanks in Advance!

--
Ryland Bingham <ryland@t3t.com>
T3 Technologies