[ltp] redhat 9 install fails on thinkpad a22p

Matthew Carey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:46:59 +0000

I couldn't install redhat 7.3 on a Toshiba laptop because the install
program would freeze when the processor temperature state changed
causing the fan to start, I assumed it was some interaction between the
particular CPU (AMD K6) and the install program and the way temperature
was handled by the laptop hardware. In that case SuSE installed fine.