[ltp] redhat 9 install fails on thinkpad a22p

Hartwig, Thomas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:40:18 +0100

Sorry, don't have hint for the special problem, but you could try to
upgrade your RedHat dist like this:

1. Install 8.0
2. Register to RHN with rhn_register (it does not cost anything)
2. Mount 9.0 in your CD drive
3. Install redhat-release-9.xxx.noarch.rpm from your CD package
directory: rpm -iUhv redhat-release-9.xxx.noarch.rpm
4. Perform up2date -f -k /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS (see man up2date, what
this means)

For an official info look here:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2848

But I have modified point 4., then you don't have to download all stuff.

Thomas