[ltp] Hello

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:35:50 -0500

Hello everyone.  I hope I am not breaching the etiquette of this list by
introducing myself.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival (it shipped yesterday) of my new 1.6 Mhz T41
and I am doing research on getting Linux running on it.  I found some very
useful info specifically related to the T40/T40p series over at
linux-laptop.net.  I am also perusing the archives of this ML and the Thinkpad
ML at stderr.org.

My preference would be to use Mandrake 9.2, since it has kernel support for
the Cisco WFI card and very recent acpi patches, as well as the latest build
of the ATI kernel modules available in RPM format, not to mention I am quite
familiar with it.

Does anyone have any pointers or thoughts you would like to share about this?

TIA
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx