[ltp] Re: Cisco Wireless card

Johnny Casey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:01:37 -0600

Carl Nygard wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 11:11, Heiko Rosemann wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 honey@gneek.com wrote:
>>

>>>the standard shipped one (2.4.21).  Wireless card (in my case Cisco)
>>>of course doesn't just work, but I'm guessing it'll be easily fixable.
>>
>>Check out http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/t40.html#wireless for that card.
>>Works for me, except for suspend/hibernation. I have apmd rmmod the driver
>>before suspending and re-insert it on resume on my X30.
>

> I have his driver, patched for 2.6.x.  Running right now with
> 2.6.0-test8-mm1 and it mostly works.
>
> For anyone cluefully interested, hibernation seems to hang on wakeup (X
> screen is hashed and keyboard non-functional) only after extended
> periods of time in hibernation (AC or battery, doesn't matter).
>
> Suggestions are welcome;)

If IRC one of the recent Kernel Traffic issues stated that hiberation
might not work due to the system clock not being correct.

Maybe you could add a call to "hwclock --hctosys" in the appropriate script?
Can you ssh/telnet into the box after resuming from hiberation?
Do you see the same results if you hiberate at a text console?