[ltp] USB

Johnny Casey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:50:51 -0600

Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Has anyone gotten the USB ports on a port replicator or an external USB2 hub
> to work correctly?  My USB devices work correctly when plugged directly into
> the ports on a T40 itself, but are flaky or totaly non-functional when
> plugged into the port replicator or the hub.
> I'm using a Mandrake stock 2.4.22 kernel w/ 1Gb memory.
> TIA
> Paul

I was helping someone a while ago share keyboard/mouse/printer etc
between two computers using a USB port replicator.  We went through
several port replicators before we found one that provided adaquate
performance.  This was under windows, but we had the same problems.
Devices behaving flaky or jumpy.  If you can return the port replicator
you might try a different brand.  Not all USB devices are created equal.

Cheers,
Johnny