[ltp] hidden recovery partition

Hartwig, Thomas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:00:25 +0100

Anyone already has reliable informations about the hidden recovery
partition and its geometry data of the T40 line?

Is it accessible/destroyable with fdisk?
Has it to be (de)activated in the bios?
Anybody managed it to burn it to CD, IBM support said to me there is the
tool "IBM Rapid Restore PC" RRPC in IBMTOOLS/APPS/RRPC which burns all
data to CD, but my quick test failed for somewhat reason?!
Anyone has pointers to some kind of documentation to it?

Sorry for asking again perhaps, but there are always fragments of
answers and I want to clarify this thing.

Thanks in advance
Thomas