[ltp] T23 and Suse Live Eval disk?

Syd Hancock linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:49:54 +0000

[adding to my previous message re applying latest bios update on a
T23.]

> Many thanks for the advice and link.  I have now updated the bios
> and the Suse Eval loads correctly.

More than that - everything in KDE is happening much more snappily.
This is a subjective response. More objectively loading apps has
speeded up by a huge factor -maybe x5 or even more. E.g. Kmail
loads in a couple of seconds instead of >10 sec before.

I'm not an expert but so my guesses are nothing but wild but does
the bios update affect dma settings or is it likely to be something
else?

Whatever it is, the effects so far (fingers crossed for good luck)
are very dramatic.

Syd