[ltp] Dual monitor setup: T40p+XFree-4.3.0

Klaus Weidner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:16:28 -0600

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 08:20:40AM -0400, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you are able to get different content on the
> internal and external monitor with only one physical video card.

This of course requires that your video card can handle this, it can't
magically change the output if the video hardware has only a single
framebuffer and DAC :-)

The Radeon cards in newish Thinkpads can display two independent images.
If in doubt, take a look at the Windows video driver settings to see if
that offers multiple desktop support.

-Klaus