[ltp] Dual monitor setup: T40p+XFree-4.3.0

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:34:25 -0400

The card is a Radeon 7500 w/ 32Mb of vram.  According to IBM it supports
2048x1532 output, twice the size of the internal panel.  Windows does not
indicate that two screens are available (all I can do is set the same output
to display on one or both screens), but I'm not convinced that there's not a
setting required to activate it.  Any other way to determine whether multiple
FB are possible?

I would be happy to setup X either to output different content to two
monitors, or to have a single desktop that spans both monitors.  But from
your comments it sounds like I'm more likely to have only the latter option.

Paul