[ltp] Dual monitor setup: T40p+XFree-4.3.0

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:29:52 +0100

> What's interesting is that if I restart the machine with the monitor attached
> via DVI, the text console is displayed on the laptop screen, but the X
> primary display appears on the external screen no matter whether I start the
> Dual or Single layout. The console screen blanks out while X is running.

What happens if you press FN+F7 while running X?

It might be possible that the FireGL only supports one digital
interface, so you can only run either panel or dvi, but can run one of
them together with VGA. Would make some sense, i guess.

Could you please send your XF86Config file and maybe X startup output
also?

Look at 'man radeon' to find out about the drivers parameters.

And you might find out more about your BIOS/hardware settings by playing
around with tpctl.

Andre.