[ltp] RE: Hibernation (it worked!!!)

Sat, 8 Nov 2003 00:11:49 +0200

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:04:13AM -0700, Benjamin Weste Pearre wrote:
> What's the difference between save2dsk.bin and hiberfil.sys?

save2disk.bin is used by the BIOS to provide hibernation for OSes that
use APM and do not use ACPI.

hiberfil.sys is used by Win2K/WinXP, which uses ACPI and cannot use the
APM hibernation provided by the BIOS.

> Since I
> can't hard-link the two, can I use hiberfil.sys instead?  Do I need
> both, or can I delete one?

You need both if you want to be able to hibernate both in Linux and in
Windows.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ--