[ltp] X31 - Bootable from Adaptec SlimSCSI CDROM?

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 01:46:53 +0100

>      2.  If I buy an empty docking station (w/o CD drive), may I be able
> to convert my spare notebook CD drives (many left from old notebooks) to
> be the int. CD drive of the docking station?  Any add'l electronics
> required?

There is a little electronics board inside the back of the ultrabay
frame. I don't know what exactly it does despite converting the drives
port to the ultrabay port.

However, it will be hard to get this frame without a device in it and
afaik a cdrom is the cheapest type of ultrabay device you can get.

Andre.