[ltp] Fedora on Thinkpads

Behdad Esfahbod linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:22:47 -0500

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Alexander Gran wrote:

> Am Montag, 10. November 2003 10:52 schrieb Behdad Esfahbod:
> > It's a kernel patch, that schedules write backs to whenever the
> > disk is waking up for read access.  Other wise, you get your hard
> > disk always on, as there are always something to write... (access
> > time, ...)
>
> Is this patch also availible for 2.6er kernels? (and/or do you have an url?)

AFAIK not yet.  It's a very small patch, but I failed when tried
to port it to 2.6 a few months back, as things have changed
there (bdflush removed, something else appeared, ...).  Well,
seems that it has been integrated into vanilla 2.4 tree.  No URL
right now.  Have a look around, you will find it.

Lemme introduce myself briefly.  I'm a happy owner of a Sony Vaio
laptop.  The only reason you see me around here is that I'm
developing a laptop framework for the Fedora Project, so
gathering info.

> Alex

behdad