[ltp] Thinkpad T40p and Debian

Thomas de Grenier de Latour linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:58:18 +0100

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:24:30 -0500
Greg Meyer <mdklists@gkmweb.com> wrote:

> > - The middle trackpoint button does not work.
> Known issue.  Supposedly there is a driver from synaptics, but I have
> not checked it out.

Using latest 2.6-test kernel and synaptics drivers (0.20 I think), both
input devices are 100% working. That said, at some point I also had
non-working middle button, and even non-working trackpoint, I can't
remember exactly when it has changed.

> > - What about suspending/standby?
> I am not interested in this so I cannot answer.  Icauses more problems
> than it is worth in my estimation.

Don't know with ACPI, but with APM, I have suspend and hibernation
working fine. I use the bios hibernation (fat16 partition, etc.) feature
though, not the"suspend to swap" kernel feature. And I had to write
small apmd scripts to unload/reload usb kernel modules, otherwise usb is
frozzen when I resume.

> > - Is there anything useful to do with the TCPA chip?
> Don't know, but I think there is someone working on an open-source
> driver

I think IBM provide such a driver, but I've never heard of anything
useful using it yet.

--
TGL.